LocationItaly, Roma City centre
Career levelExperienced professional, Young professional
Contract typeFulltime / Permanent
DevOps Engineer Real-Time Traffic and Mobility Management Systems (m/f)
In this role you will:
- Master the installation, configuration and operation of our products
- Support project management and end users for troubleshooting technical issues on international projects
- Help us to bridge the gap between development and operation;
- Improve our CD/CI platform;
- Develop scripts for the automatic deployments, tests, monitoring and update of our products in real-time traffic projects.
The perfect candidate must:
- have a proactive attitude and be a problem solver
- be creative, curious and open-minded
- be fluent in English
- be willing to have short trips around the world
You have good knowledge of:
- Operating System administration (Windows and *nix)
- scripting languages (shell, windows batch/powershell at least)
- Continuous Deployment / Automation
- Any programming language
- automatic testing frameworks setups
- modern vcs (e.g. svn, git)
- Application Server (Wildfly is a plus)
It's valuable for us if you have
- a Bachelor degree in computer science, engineering or similar;
- experience in deploying solutions in the Cloud (Azure is a plus);
Do you hate being stuck in traffic? We too! Would you like to be part of the solution?In our team we develop PTV Optima, a software platform used by traffic & mobility control centers all around the world. PTV Optima gets the current traffic state from different data sources, collects all the traffic events on the network and calculates a traffic forecast using advanced dynamic assignment models and data driven prediction techniques. With our products, we help cities to solve critical traffic congestion problems, we inform travellers about the fastest way to home (or to the pub!), and we can feed one of the most advanced journey planner in the world with the forecasted traffic situation! As part of the activities related to Real-Time Traffic Projects we deliver our software solution to clients.
PTV. The mind of movement.PTV Group provides software and consulting services for transport, logistics and geomarketing. Be it transport routes or sales structures, private or public transport - we plan and optimise everything which moves people and goods worldwide.
Scientific expertise is one of our particular strengths. We currently have over 800 employees worldwide crafting powerful and innovative solutions. Our head office is located in the technology region of Karlsruhe, Germany, since the formation of our company in 1979. Find out more about our story here or have a look at our products.
PTV SISTeMA is the PTV Group´s development centre for traffic management, control and infomobility applications. From the single traffic estimation component to the complete turnkey traffic management system, PTV SISTeMA offers outstanding expertise, international scientific excellence and a strong innovation oriented approach. PTV SISTeMA spirit? Here you are!
- Flexible working hours
- Training programmes at PTV Academy