Backend Developer (m/f/d) for Cloud products Mobility
PTV. The mind of movement
PTV Group. Empowering mobility.
The PTV Group provides software and consulting to empower mobility and transport for a cleaner and smarter future. Its best-in-class software for intelligent traffic management and transport optimization enables decision-makers in politics, cities, industry, and trade save time and money, make roads safer, and protect the environment. PTV runs simulations to demonstrate today how tomorrow’s mobility, with all its ecosystems and dimensions, can be realized. From strategic transport planning to micromobility for the last mile.
The company was established in 1979. Today, approximately 900 employees worldwide work on future-oriented solutions to create intelligent and eco-friendly mobility for everyone.
- You and a team of colleagues will be responsible for developing cloud products for Mobility use cases. Our customers rely on our products to plan and simulate future mobility needs. Our applications range all the way from city masterplans and national railways, down to car connectivity and signal control optimization.
- You will continue to expand our cloud architecture for new and existing applications and connect them to our platform in close cooperation with our infrastructure teams.
- You will design and implement APIs that can be connected via frontends and other services as needed.
- You are committed to the high scalability and availability of our algorithms in the cloud and contribute to our DevOps processes.
- You will ensure further automation of build chains and tests.
Experience and skills you bring
- You bring your knowledge from an IT-oriented course of study (e.g., computer science or business informatics).
- Whether you are fresh out of university or already have both feet on the ground: You have knowledge of .NET, especially C#, ASP.NET Core and Entity Framework.
- You're passionate about new technologies and eager to learn more about them.
- You have a good command of written and spoken English and/or German
Ideally, you already have some hands-on experience with some of the following:
- Container and orchestration technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- Cloud systems, primarily Azure or AWS.
- Microservices, databases (PostgreSQL), serverless computing, web security or continuous deployment.
- Experience in TypeScript and front-end development (React) is also a plus.
- For interfacing with our desktop products, C++ knowledge is a plus.
What we offer you
- Collaborative environment and a friendly working atmosphere
- Coaching and support from experts in your team
- External as well as internal training opportunities on topics such as cloud technologies and cloud principles
- Regular feedback meetings to promote your personal development
- Opportunities to learn, evaluate and bring in new technologies
- Flexible working hours
- Possibility to work remotely (mobile working)
- Attractive Renumeration package
- Structured induction
- Departmental and corporate events
- Free drinks and fruit
- Fitness center at the Headquarters in Karlsruhe
- Subsidized canteen at the Headquarters in Karlsruhe
- and a lot more
Senior HR Business Partner