LocationPTV MENA Region DMCC in Dubai
PTV MENA Region W.L.L. in Doha
Contract typeFulltime with 40 hours/week
IMEA Modeling Team Leader and Projects Portfolio Manager (m/f/d)
- Lead, coordinate and manage the IMEA (India, Middle East, Africa) modeling professional services team and ensure timely delivery, high quality and technical leadership.
- Enhance modeling team capabilities and establish modeling best practice in the IMEA region.
- Manage the IMEA projects portfolio ensuring technical resourcing planning and efficient project delivery.
- Ensure resource availability, technical feasibility, and effective task delegation.
- Undertake recurring projects reviews with technical project managers engaged in IMEA implementations, report on technical progress and enforce action plans.
- Perform risk management tasks to assess, mitigate, and report the possibility of potential threats.
- Perform quality and peer review of modeling projects and tasks.
- Coordinate with Global PTV Project Management Practice Lead in HQ and apply Corporate Project Management guidelines and processes in the IMEA region.
- Ensure modeler talents are acquired and maintained.
- Establish a fulfilling and collaborative professional environment within the modeling team as well as with the regional leadership team and colleagues responsible for providing project related technical support.
- Establish and orchestrate a pool of qualified partners and freelance modelers to be hired / contracted when required.
- Review RFPs/Public Tenders and support in the preparation of RFP/Public tender methodologies and high-quality technical proposals.
- Establish new and maintain existing client relations through technical modeling excellence to ensure high customer satisfaction.
- Technical leadership roles for demand model set up and/or update in the Middle East, Africa and India region with responsibilities of timely and quality delivery of projects. Mostly complex modeling solution set up projects including tour-based demand models and preferably innovative topics such as, real-time, MaaS, Autonomous Vehicles.
- Technical background such as successfully completed University Degree (MSc as a minimum) related to traffic or transportation accompanied by relevant professional experience of more than 10 years.
- Good knowledge of PTV Traffic Software, especially PTV Visum. Knowledge in PTV Vissim and PTV Viswalk will act as an added value.
- Understanding of modeling principles and proven records of experience in demand model development.
- Experience in freight modeling will be an added value.
- Advanced programming skills in at least one programming language (Python preferred) along with experience working with databases.
- Analytically minded person who understands how to explain verbally and in writing complex technical aspects and scenarios in simple terms, able to investigate and come up with own solution.
- Working in an organized and proactive manner. Executing tasks in a structured and conscientious way.
- Ability to self-organize and work independently on complex tasks to achieve timely delivery.
- Ability to travel up to 20% of working time.
We plan and optimise everything that moves people and goods worldwide.
PTV software makes mobility safer, more efficient and environmentally friendly.
Our innovative solutions support our customers in transport logistics, transport planning and traffic management.
Become part of a team that moves the world forward!
Working at PTVThe PTV Group is an international group of companies with more than 20 branch offices on all continents around the globe. We currently have around 800 employees worldwide committed to delivering high-performance solutions. The company generates more than 100 million euros in annual sales. Its German headquarters, located in one of Europe's most crucial technology regions, is the company’s centre of innovation and development. For four decades, the PTV Group has been providing software, consulting and support services designed to make our mobility safer, more efficient and more sustainable.
Learn more about our products.
- Flexible working hours
- Attractive remuneration package
- A truly entrepreneurial and collaborative environment together with a friendly working atmosphere
- Being at the forefront of the transport industry transformation
- and a lot more