System Administrator for intelligent transport systems and mobility network management solutions (m/f/d)
PTV. The mind of movement
PTV Group. Empowering mobility.
The PTV Group (www.ptvgroup.com) provides software and consulting services for transport, logistics and geomarketing. Be it transport routes or sales structures, private or public transport - we empower logistics and mobility, for a cleaner and smarter future.
Our range of products and services includes Software, Services, Data, Consulting & Research. 2.500 customers located in more than 110 countries rely on our solutions. PTV is the world market leader in the field strategic transport planning and traffic simulation. PTV is also one of the most established players in the field of logistics route and trip planning.
Scientific expertise is one of our particular strengths. We currently have 900 employees worldwide crafting powerful and innovative solutions. Our head office is located in the technology region of Karlsruhe, Germany, since the formation of our company in 1979.
PTV SISTeMA is the PTV Group development centre for traffic management, control and infomobility applications. From the single traffic estimation component to the complete turnkey traffic management system, PTV SISTeMA offers outstanding expertise, international scientific excellence and a strong innovation oriented approach to face successfully the most challenging projects.
In our development centre in Rome we develop Traffic & Mobility Network Management solutions, supporting Traffic and Mobility operators and authorities worldwide to ensure efficient, safer, sustainable and environmentally friendly mobility across the transport system they operate, control and manage.
PTV Group is hiring for its development and operation centre, located in Rome city centre, on a permanent position, a System and Application Administrator (m/f/d) supporting the installation, configuration and operation of the software platforms and applications we provide to our customers worldwide.
We offer curious, proactive people with a strong aptitude for problem solving the opportunity to work in an international team, gaining extensive experience on both on premise and cloud systems, with architectures based on both application servers and microservice orchestrators.
Let's shape the future of mobility together!
In this role you will be responsible for the following activities:
- Setup, configuration, upgrading and monitoring of physical architectures, IAAS or PAAS.
- Installation, configuration, update and monitoring of the applications developed in the company, using application servers or microservices based architectures, in either physical or cloud environments.
- Monitoring, assistance, second level support, quick fixes on solutions in operation, managing and responding to customer and partners support tickets.
- Deliver technical training to our clients and partners on our applications.
- Write scripts and perform monitoring, testing and debugging of our applications.
- Take appropriate actions on system alerts based on standard operating procedures.
- Support project teams to develop a solution design and system integrations compliant with the product architecture.
Experience you will bring:
- 1-3 years of experience in administration and operation of software systems.
- Good knowledge of Operating System internals, both Windows and *nix.
- Good knowledge of any scripting language (shell, windows batch/powershell preferably).
- Experience with cloud systems software and automation software and systems.
- Ability to analyze and interpret technical documents and specifications.
- Ability to be innovative and capable of critical analysis and problem solving.
- Results oriented individual with ability to effectively manage multiple priorities.
- Fluency in English.
- Willingness to travel.
Nice to have:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or in computer engineering or experience in software development.
- Knowledge of Continuous Deployment and automation.
- Experience in automatic testing frameworks setup.
- Knowledge of modern vcs (git preferably).
- SQL or Database knowledge.
Location: Rome, Italy
Contract type: Permanent employment contract with 40 hours/week
Senior HR Business Partner
+49 721 9651-0