Operations Research Specialist (m/f/d)
PTV. The mind of movement
PTV Group. Empowering mobility.
We plan and optimise everything that moves people and goods worldwide.
PTV software makes mobility safer, more efficient and environmentally friendly.
Our innovative solutions support our customers in transport logistics, transport planning and traffic management.
Become part of a team that moves the world forward!
- You support our consultants and sales worldwide with your algorithmic, technical and procedural expertise in transport logistics.
- In requirements analyses with customers and consultants you identify functional and non-functional demands for transport logistics solutions.
- You build state-of-the-art decision models that are able to capture the multitude of practice-relevant characteristics typically associated with real-world problems.
- You apply, adapt and extend proven as well as innovative methods, e.g. high-performance heuristics, to solve these optimization models.
- You provide support at the intersection of mathematical optimization, software development and product management.
- To prove and verify the developed concepts you build working demonstrators and prototypes, where appropriate in conjunction with the development teams. In case of success, you support the implementation of the solutions in our production system.
- You have an advanced degree (Master or PHD) with a strong quantitative focus, e.g. computer science, engineering, mathematics or a comparable course of studies.
- You successfully apply your pronounced analytical skills for challenging requirement engineering tasks.
- You have practical experience in solving optimization problems. Using heuristics, metaheuristics, optimization solvers and high-level modeling systems will not cause you any problems.
- You know how to handle and process large amounts of data and derive useful conclusions. Ideally you have experience with various aspects of artificial intelligence, such as Machine Learning and Deep Learning.
- You have clear and succinct communication skills in English to present complex ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences. Additional knowledge of Turkish would be an advantage.
- Creative thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Flexible working hours
- 30 days holiday, 24th and 31th December free
- Bonus model
- Capital-forming benefits
- Occupational pension provision
- Structured induction
- Training programs at PTV Academy
- Departmental and coporate events
- Fitness center at the Headquarters in Karlsruhe
- Free drinks and fruit
- Subsidized canteen
Business Partner Human Resources
- Company: PTV Planung Transport Verkehr AG
- Location: DE, Karlsruhe
- Permanent contract with 40 working hours per week