Product Manager (m/f/d) Mobility Infrastructure Planning
PTV. The mind of movement
PTV products are the leading platform for helping governments, authorities, cities/municipalities, transport operators and consultants to plan the shape of future transportation networks. Considering all modes of transport as well as keeping up with mobility trends, changes and regulations, strategic and tactical modelling and planning is at the core of what we do. Your role will be to provide our customers in the public sector ecosystem with innovative software products for current and future mobility infrastructure and services.
Become part of a team that moves the world forward!
- … are a world class expert on your product, its applications and market.
- … determine markets’ and customers' needs and desires and specify the research needed to obtain market information.
- … recommend the nature and scope of present and future product lines by reviewing and continuously improving product specifications and requirements, appraising new product ideas and product or packaging changes.
- … systematically assess our markets and competitive landscape.
- … influence product strategy (lifecycle and portfolio management) and engineering roadmaps.
- … create business cases and go-to-market strategies for new offerings.
- … contribute to product pricing.
- … provide marketing content and marketing communication objectives.
- … consult with sales and marketing the introduction of new products.
- … are informed about sales and marketing initiatives, financial results and project deliveries.
- > 5 years of relevant experience as product manager, consultant or software user in transportation and mobility modelling, simulation and planning projects for public authorities (e.g. DoT, infrastructure planning, …) and public/private transport operators.
- Data-driven mindset.
- Practical experience with software applications concerned, preferably PTV Visum.
- Solid commercial understanding, both related to market segment and customers’ needs as well as internal budgeting and cost processes.
- Knowledgeable in state-of-the-art product design, API driven offerings and SaaS environments, being a fast learner, with ability to understand new concepts and features quickly to convey messages to others.
- Combining strong analytical abilities with good communication skills in English and German, comfortable presenting at internal and external events and capable of high-level abstract thinking, persuasive on a professional level.
- Self-motivated and with a pragmatic approach to tasks allowing you to drive the growth of our products in the market.
- University degree in Business Administration, IT/Computer Science, Engineering or an alternative, relevant professional track record is required.
Benefits at the headquarter
- Flexible working hours
- 30 days holiday, 24th and 31th December free
- Bonus model
- Capital-forming benefits
- Occupational pension provision
- Structured induction
- Training programs at PTV Academy
- Departmental and coporate events
- Fitness center at the Headquarters in Karlsruhe
- Free drinks and fruit
- Subsidized canteen
- and a lot more
PTV Planung Transport Verkehr AG
+49 721 9651-0
The preferred location for this role is the company’s headquarter and product development center in Karlsruhe. Strong candidates wishing to work from other locations will be considered. International travel to our subsidiaries, customer sites and industry events will be required.
Fulltime position (40 hours/week) with an unlimited contract.