LocationSmart working from home in any country
PTV MENA Region DMCC
Career levelContractor (m/f/d)
Contract typeFull time with 40 hours/week
Senior Transport Modeler (m/f/d)
- Development of high level complex travel demand models at national and urban scale in the Middle East, India and Africa region.
- Design of surveys questionnaires (especially RPs/SPs).
- Estimate and re-weight demand models parameters from data and survey results.
- Configure, calibrate and test traffic models and analyze their results for accuracy and quality.
- Demand models application (scenarios development, validation of results, interpretation and reporting).
- Development of Model User Manuals, Model Development reports, Modelling Technical Notes, etc.
- On-the-job modelling trainings and Add-hoc customers support.
- Deliver trainings for PTV Traffic Software.
- Support in setting up modeling solutions with the use of PTV software on all levels starting from detailed microscopic models and up to nation-wide strategic macroscopic models.
- Proven success records in the development of large scale passenger demand models.
- Technical background such as successfully completed University Degree (MSc as a minimum) related to traffic or transportation accompanied by professional experience in transport modelling of more than 10 years.
- Good knowledge of PTV Traffic Software, especially PTV Visum. Knowledge in PTV Vissim and PTV Viswalk will act as an added value.
- Understanding of demand modelling principles and theory.
- Experience in freight modelling will be an added value.
- Advanced programming skills in at least one programming language (Python preferred) along with experience working with databases.
- Analytically minded person who understands how to explain verbally and in writing complex technical aspects and scenarios in simple terms, able to investigate and come up with own solution.
- Working in an organized and proactive manner. Executing tasks in a structured and conscientious way.
- Ability to self-organize and work independently on complex tasks to achieve timely and high quality delivery.
- Smart working space at home (dedicated workspace room with high speed and stable internet connection).
We plan and optimse everything that moves people and goods worldwide.
PTV software makes mobility safer, more efficient and environmentally friendly.
Our innovative solutions support our customers in transport logistics, transport planning and traffic management.
Become part of a team that moves the world forward!
Working at PTVThe PTV Group is an international group of companies with more than 20 branch offices on all continents around the globe. We currently have around 800 employees worldwide committed to delivering high-performance solutions. The company generates more than 100 million euros in annual sales. Its German headquarters, located in one of Europe's most crucial technology regions, is the company’s centre of innovation and development. For four decades, the PTV Group has been providing software, consulting and support services designed to make our mobility safer, more efficient and more sustainable.
Learn more about our products.
- Flexible working hours
- A truly entrepreneurial and collaborative environment together with a friendly working atmosphere
- Being at the forefront of the transport industry transformatione
- and a lot more