Junior Transport Modeller (m/w/d)
PTV. The mind of movement
PTV Group. Empowering mobility.
The PTV Group provides software and technical services to empower mobility and transport for a cleaner and smarter future.
Are you interested in working for an innovative company and getting involved in fast developing transport technology such as state-of-the-art transport modelling, real-time traffic prediction, connected and autonomous vehicles, mobility as a service, and electric vehicles?
PTV UK & Ireland has an exciting opportunity to support our growing business in the Northwest Europe region, where we already have a well-established presence with clients from public authority, consultancy, academia, and research organisations.
The role will focus on the Benelux and Scandinavia region, working within the regional technical team to support clients and colleagues with technical aspects of the application of PTV software, managing and delivering innovation projects, and supporting the sales team to grow the business.
The ideal candidate (m/f/d) will be an organised and inquisitive individual (m/f/d) with a keen interest in making a real difference and delivering solutions through cutting edge transport modelling technology. Knowledge and appreciation for the transport planning or modelling industry is required, with experience working on projects and using strategic modelling software is desirable. The candidate (m/f/d) will be experienced in communicating with colleagues or clients and be able to efficiently communicate technical concepts.
The successful candidate (m/f/d) shall be expected to adapt to the changing times regarding working locations, although it is expected they will commute to our new office in Birmingham at least three times a week. They should also be prepared to travel regularly within the UK and Ireland and occasionally to the Netherlands, and the Nordic/Benelux countries.
We will offer an attractive package of salary, annual leave entitlement and other benefits.
- Work on innovation projects using PTV software and programming skills.
- Support colleagues and clients in the use of PTV software.
- Provide technical support to the users of PTV software.
- Support the sales teams with technical discussions, presentations, and strategy.
- Learn from colleagues to develop technical knowledge.
- Contribute to business development and thought leadership.
Key skills and qualifications
- Knowledge of the transport planning and modelling industry.
- Personal organisation, task prioritisation and time management.
- Presentation skills and ability to communicate effectively via email, calls, and face to face.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Willingness and desire to innovate and add-value.
- Fluency in Dutch, or a Nordic language
- Experience of transport planning and strategic modelling.
- Experience with PTV Visum.
- Experience in using a programming language such as Python.
- Attractive package of benefits
- Workplace pension
- Generous annual leave entitlement: 30 days holiday
- Friendly and flexible working atmosphere
- Being at the forefront of the industry
- and a lot more
Senior HR Business Partner
+49 721 9651-0
- PTV UK Ltd.: Birmingham (UK) or London (UK) or
- PTV Nederland: Utrecht (the Netherlands) or
- PTV Nordics: Gothenburg (Sweden)