Senior Transport Modeller (m/f/d)
PTV. The mind of movement
PTV Group. Empowering mobility.
The PTV Group provides software and technical services to empower mobility and transport for a cleaner and smarter future.
Are you interested in working for an innovative company and getting involved in fast developing transport technology such as state-of-the-art transport modelling, real-time traffic prediction, connected and autonomous vehicles, mobility as a service, and electric vehicles?
PTV UK & Ireland has an exciting opportunity to support our growing business in the Northwest Europe region, where we already have a well-established presence with clients from public authority, consultancy, academia, and research organisations.
The role will involve working within the regional technical team which supports clients and colleagues with technical aspects of the application of PTV software, manages and delivers innovation projects, and supports the regional sales teams to grow the business.
The ideal candidate (m/f/d) will be an organised and inquisitive individual (m/f/d) with a keen interest in making a real difference and delivering solutions through cutting edge transport modelling technology. Experience in managing projects, and knowledge of strategic transport planning or modelling is required. The candidate (m/f/d) will be experienced in communicating with colleagues and clients and be able to efficiently communicate technical concepts. Fluency in Dutch or a Nordic language would be beneficial as this role will have a focus on supporting this region.
The successful candidate (m/f/d) shall be expected to adapt to the changing times regarding working locations, although it is expected they will commute to our new office in Birmingham at least three times a week. They should also be prepared to travel regularly within the UK and Ireland and occasionally to the Netherlands, and the Nordic/Benelux countries.
We will offer an attractive package of salary, annual leave entitlement and other benefits.
- Manage and deliver innovation projects using PTV software and programming skills.
- Support colleagues and clients in the use of PTV software.
- Provide technical support to the users of PTV software.
- Support the sales teams with technical discussions, presentations, and strategy.
- Innovate and add value to project delivery.
- Manage and drive own career path forward and become an acknowledged expert.
- Contribute to business development and thought leadership.
Key skills and qualifications
- Experience with managing and delivering projects within the transport planning and modelling industry.
- Experience with PTV software and technology.
- Fluency in Dutch, or a Nordic language.
- Personal organisation, task prioritisation and time management.
- Presentation skills and ability to communicate effectively via email, calls, and face to face.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Willingness and desire to innovate and add-value.
- Experience in using a programming language such as Python.
- Attractive package of benefits
- Workplace pension
- Generous annual leave entitlement: 30 days holiday
- Friendly and flexible working atmosphere
- Being at the forefront of the industry
- and a lot more
Senior HR Business Partner
+49 721 9651-0
- PTV UK Ltd.: Birmingham (UK) or London (UK) or
- PTV Nederland: Utrecht (the Netherlands) or
- PTV Nordics: Gothenburg (Sweden)