Senior Transport Modeller (m/f/d)
PTV. The mind of movement
PTV Group. Empowering mobility.
The PTV Group provides software and consulting to empower mobility and transport for a cleaner and smarter future. Its best-in-class software for intelligent traffic management and transport optimization enables decision-makers in politics, cities, industry, and trade save time and money, make roads safer, and protect the environment. PTV runs simulations to demonstrate today how tomorrow’s mobility, with all its ecosystems and dimensions, can be realized. From strategic transport planning to micromobility for the last mile.
The company was established in 1979. Today, approximately 900 employees worldwide work on future-oriented solutions to create intelligent and eco-friendly mobility for everyone.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Manage PTV modelling projects in the IMEA (India, Middle East, Africa) Region, focusing especially on the timely delivery and high quality of tasks.
- Lead advanced transport modelling tasks in the area of technical development of transport models (especially travel demand models).
- Contribute to the development of a world-class team with advanced transport modelling capabilities.
- Provide day to day management for project delivery staff working on assigned projects in coordination with the Project Manager.
- Mentor and evaluate project delivery staff's performance. Ensure the overall project delivery goals for the team are implemented as per the Project Managers direction.
- Build relationships with clients and manage the expectations of the client and key stakeholders.
- Responsible for conveying and coordinating project information and deliverables with all stakeholders of the design projects.
- Accountable for assessing situations and escalating problems to Senior Management as and when required.
- Able to independently understand and represent technical issues to clients, communicating outcomes back to the technical teams.
- Experience in working on/overseeing international and interdisciplinary modelling projects, preferably with project management certification (e.g. PMI, etc.).
- Excellent understanding of concepts, principles and theories of transport and traffic modelling. Any candidate (m/f/d) without this will not be considered.
- Strong education (MSc/PhD) in a relevant scientific field and experience in subjects relevant to transport modelling and data science.
- Hands-on skills with transport modelling Software, ideally PTV Visum, is a must.
- Ability to present and communicate ideas effectively to clients - in person, online, and over the phone and preparation and delivery of high quality presentations.
- Team-oriented with excellent organizational, interpersonal, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Language skills: you speak and write English fluently and are an excellent leader and communicator; Arabic would be advantageous.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience required.
- Flexible working hours
- 30 days holiday, 24th and 31th December free
- Bonus model
- Capital-forming benefits
- Occupational pension provision
- Structured induction
- Training programs at PTV Academy
- Departmental and coporate events
- Free drinks and fruit
- and a lot more
Senior HR Business Partner
+49 721 9651-0
Location: Dubai (UAE)
Weekly working hours: 40 hours