Software Developer (m/f/d) Java / DevOps
PTV. The mind of movement
We plan and optimise everything that moves people and goods worldwide.
PTV software makes mobility safer, more efficient and environmentally friendly.
Our innovative solutions support our customers in transport logistics, transport planning and traffic management.
Become part of a team that moves the world forward!
What you will be responsible for
- You are part of the team that develops a data preparation framework based on our platform infrastructure in the Microsoft Azure Cloud.
- In addition to your work as a backend developer, you will also have the exciting task of integrating our solutions into the core infrastructure based on Azure and Kubernetes and thus responsibly driving our infrastructure development forward in cross-team collaboration.
- Together with the team, you will master the challenge from local development in a containerized environment to reliable integration testing to productive deployment and operation in the cloud.
- You will make joint design decisions, represent them in cross-team coordination meetings and thus help shape the further development of the framework.
- You can look forward to direct contact with developers who use the framework you have developed, and in this way you will receive concrete feedback that is helpful for the further development of the software.
Experience you will bring
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- You have good programming skills in Java and experience in software development.
- You know the advantages of containerization and have already worked intensively with Docker. Experience with containerized testing (e.g. Testcontainers) and Kubernetes is a plus.
- You know what DevOps means and are only satisfied when your software is running stably in the production environment.
- Infrastructure as Code (IaC) is an exciting field of activity for you and you ideally have experience with Terraform and other provisioning technologies.
- It is also helpful if you have experience in PostgreSQL and can confidently navigate monitoring tools such as Elasticsearch/Kibana, Grafana and Prometheus.
- You have a good command of written and spoken English and German.
- Most important for us: You are enthusiastic about diversity in topics and technologies and as a communicative team player you are always motivated to find smart and efficient solutions to problems.
What we offer you
- Collaborative environment and a friendly working atmosphere
- Coaching and support from experts in your team
- Regular feedback meetings to promote your personal development
- Opportunities to learn, evaluate and bring in new technologies
- Flexible working hours
- Possibility to work remotely (mobile working)
- Attractive Renumeration package
- Corporate Benefits
- Structured induction
- Departmental and corporate events
- Free drinks and fruit
- Fitness center at the Headquarters in Karlsruhe
- Subsidized canteen at the Headquarters in Karlsruhe
- and a lot more
- Ms. Catharina Wagner
- +49 721 9651-7271