Software developer (m/f/d) for Urban Traffic Control Systems
Do you hate being stuck in traffic? We too! Would you like to be part of the solution?
PTV Group is hiring for its development centre PTV SISTeMA, located in Rome city centre, a senior developer that will lead the evolution of our adaptive signal optimization software, currently developed in C and C++, to become a fully scalable, cloud-ready and technologically state-of-the art solution.
You will we part a professional multidisciplinary development team located in the center of Rome, Italy, and strictly cooperating with the German colleagues. You will have access to learning and development resources including training programs and learning courses.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Implement, evolve and maintain a software for traffic light optimization through full Software Development Life Cycle, including planning features, writing requirements, formulating design, building, writing and executing test procedures, and supporting deployment, maintenance and documentation.
- Implement software per documented design while adhering to coding standards.
- Assist in planning for future capabilities based on new developments in traffic simulation technology.
- Effectively communicate software design concepts with the software development groups, management, and customers.
- Plan and status own work with minimal guidance.
- Perform peer review of other developer’s design and implementation.
- Interpret, debug and improve complex legacy software
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelors degree in computer science, information systems or related discipline. May substitute equivalent experience in lieu of education.
- Must have an extensive (at least 5 years) expertise of software development concepts, principles, and theory.
- Strong (at least 3 years) C/C++ skills.
- Must possess the ability to understand new concepts quickly and apply them accurately throughout an evolving environment.
- Willingness to learn and master new programming languages and technologies
- Good communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills are required enabling an effective interface with other departments and/or professionals, and capable of representing the organization as a prime technical contact.
- Advanced in written and spoken English.
- Experience building Object Oriented software with Java or C# (or other .NET language).
- Experience with traffic light controllers or controller programming (interfacing protocols and programming logic)
- Familiarity with Unix networking, socket-based communication, and UDP/TCP protocols.
- Experience with information security knowledge, including the following:
- Data security principles (key signing and certificates, encryption, etc.)
Business Partner Human Resources
+49 721 9651-0