Technical Consultant (m/f/d)
PTV. The mind of movement
PTV Group. Empowering mobility.
The PTV Group provides software and consulting to empower mobility and transport for a cleaner and smarter future. Its best-in-class software for intelligent traffic management and transport optimization enables decision-makers in politics, cities, industry, and trade save time and money, make roads safer, and protect the environment. PTV runs simulations to demonstrate today how tomorrow’s mobility, with all its ecosystems and dimensions, can be realized. From strategic transport planning to micromobility for the last mile.
Are you interested in working for an innovative company and getting involved in fast-developing transport technology for state-of-the-art transport modelling and optimisation software?
Join PTV's global team with more than 900 colleagues in 20 countries to work on cutting-edge technologies which help our customers to shape the future of mobility and transportation. We expect your full commitment and dedication towards your role and in return promise you to support you in driving your career forward.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Technical Consultant (m/f/d) for Traffic Solution & Modelling based in Singapore to support our growing business in the Asia Pacific region, where we already have a well-established presence with clients from the private and public sector, transport operators, consultancy and research institutions. In addition to our local team in Singapore, you will have opportunities to work collaboratively with our regional colleagues/customers on best practices, innovation and world-leading transport mobility projects.
The ideal candidate (m/f/d) shall have experience in the transport planning/ traffic engineering field and be prepared to be further trained in PTV software and solutions.
The position reports to the Director of Services in Singapore.
About the role
- Assistance in technical sales activities of PTV software in the Asia Pacific region, including marketing, technical presentation and participation in industry events;
- Development and management of customer relationships through understanding and managing their requirements;
- Management and assistance in bids and tenders for new and existing clients;
- Monitoring and execution of traffic and civil engineering projects;
- Provision of technical support to customers in the Asia-Pacific region;
- Provision of technical guidance to other team members in the organisation;
- Coordination with Global Product Management team to learn new features and applications of PTV software and provide feedback for product development;
- Participation of industry events such as conferences, workshops, seminars, guest lectures, etc.
- Run and lead experiments on future technology (10% of time)
- Qualification in Traffic Engineering, Urban Planning, Mathematics, or other relevant areas;
- Proficient in PTV Planning Software;
- Experienced in a Programming Language (Python coding), Data Analytics;
- Knowledge and understanding of the transport sector and transport planning/ traffic engineering;
- Interest, exposure and experience in transportation, new mobility and smart cities;
- Strong presentation skills and ability to communicate effectively with clients via email, telephone and face-to-face;
- Organisational, team working, interpersonal, analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Good writing skills and ability to use Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook;
Become part of a friendly team in an environment in which you accept responsibility and can grow into your tasks. Start now and apply online, including your salary expectation and earliest possible starting date.
Business Partner Human Resources
+49 721 9651-0
Weekly working hours: 40 Stunden
Entity: PTV Asia-Pacific Pte Ltd.
Workplace: work-from-home, position is assigned to: SG, Singapore