LocationPTV (UK) Ltd.
London or West Midlands
Contract typeFulltime with 40 hours/week
Transport Planner / Sales Manager (m/f/d)
Are you interested in working for an innovative company and getting involved in fast developing transport technology such as state-of-the-art transport modelling including public transport, electric vehicles, real-time traffic prediction, connected and autonomous vehicles and mobility as a service?
We have an exciting opportunity to support our growing business in the UK & Ireland where we already have a well-established presence with clients from public authority, consultancy, academic and research organisations.
The ideal candidate (m/f/d) will be an ambitious transport professional (m/f/d) that is keen to progress their career from a technical role to a more diverse role combining technical, managerial, sales and business development responsibilities. Ideally should have at least two years of experience in the transport sector and should have a combination of technical and communication skills and be willing to get trained in PTV software and solutions.
The successful candidate (m/f/d) will be prepared to travel regularly in the UK and Ireland. Depending on the level of experience and skill we will offer an attractive package of salary and numerous other benefits.
- Manage client accounts and become the main point of contact for PTV in the region.
- Support clients to deliver high quality transport solutions with the use of PTV software.
- Develop and deliver marketing strategies, presentations and sale of PTV solutions.
- Manage and contribute to bids and tenders for new and existing clients.
- Collaborate with 20+ network of PTV offices globally to share knowledge and best practice.
- Grow our network of client contacts, develop long terms relationships and drive growth.
- Develop strategies and contribute to annual and long-term planning of business.
- Liaise with the friendly PTV UK and PTV Group team to broaden technical expertise.
- Manage marketing activities, training, conferences and focus groups and other events.
- Obtain feedback to inform future developments and innovation in PTV software.
- Drive own career path forward to become an acknowledged transport professional (m/f/d).
- Educated to Degree level ideally in a transport-related subject.
- Knowledge or understanding of the transport sector and transport planning/engineering.
- Strong presentation and effective communication skills via email, telephone and face-to-face.
- Sound judgement and business-oriented attitude.
- Organisational, team building, interpersonal, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Able to travel throughout UK, Ireland and worldwide.
- Good skills in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook.
- Knowledge and experience of transport planning and modelling would be an advantage.
- Experience in using PTV Visum and/or PTV Vissim/Viswalk would be an advantage.
- Candidates based in London or West Midlands would be desirable.
We plan and optimise everything that moves people and goods worldwide.
PTV software makes mobility safer, more efficient and environmentally friendly.
Our innovative solutions support our customers in transport logistics, transport planning and traffic management.
Become part of a team that moves the world forward!
Working at PTVThe PTV Group is an international group of companies with more than 20 branch offices on all continents around the globe. We currently have around 800 employees worldwide committed to delivering high-performance solutions. The company generates more than 100 million euros in annual sales. Its German headquarters, located in one of Europe's most crucial technology regions, is the company’s centre of innovation and development. For four decades, the PTV Group has been providing software, consulting and support services designed to make our mobility safer, more efficient and more sustainable.
Learn more about our products.
- Flexible working hours
- Promotion of an enhanced gender balance
- Attractive remuneration package
- A truly entrepreneurial and collaborative environment together with a friendly working atmosphere
- Being at the forefront of the transport industry transformation
- and a lot more