LocationPTV (UK) Ltd.
London or Birmingham
Contract typeFulltime with 40 hours/week
Transport Planner (m/f/d)Are you interested in working for an innovative company and getting involved in fast developing transport technology such as state-of-the-art transport modelling including public transport, electric vehicles, real-time traffic prediction, connected and autonomous vehicles and mobility as a service?
Your tasksKey responsibilities:
- Provide technical support to customers of PTV software in the region, obtain technical feedback to inform future developments in PTV software and solutions, and contribute to innovation in our software development
- Lead and deliver technical tasks across highway, public transport and demand modelling as well as innovation topics such as new modelling approaches (e.g. ABM), real-time and emerging mobility
- Work independently and as part of a distributed team
- Monitor and contribute to the development of UK transport modelling best practice
- Innovate and add value to technical delivery
- Manage and drive own career path forward and become an acknowledged expert in the transport industry
Your qualificationsKey skills and qualifications:
- Experience in transport modelling
- Track record in leading transport modelling tasks
- Advanced user of PTV Visum
- Well organised, and able to prioritise and manage your own time
- Scripting in Python, Java or VBA
- Ability to communicate and present effectively via email, telephone and face-to-face
- Demonstrate strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Be willing to innovate and add-value to technical delivery
- Knowledge or experience in the use of other PTV software
- Knowledge or experience in multi-modal variable demand modelling, tour-based demand modelling, dynamic assignment or timetable-based public transport assignment
- Worked on a variety of projects and models across the UK and Ireland
We plan and optimise everything that moves people and goods worldwide.
PTV software makes mobility safer, more efficient and environmentally friendly.
Our innovative solutions support our customers in transport logistics, transport planning and traffic management.
Become part of a team that moves the world forward!
Working at PTVThe PTV Group is an international group of companies with more than 20 branch offices on all continents around the globe. We currently have around 800 employees worldwide committed to delivering high-performance solutions. The company generates more than 100 million euros in annual sales. Its German headquarters, located in one of Europe's most crucial technology regions, is the company’s centre of innovation and development. For four decades, the PTV Group has been providing software, consulting and support services designed to make our mobility safer, more efficient and more sustainable.
Learn more about our products.
- Flexible working hours
- Promotion of an enhanced gender balance
- Attractive remuneration package
- A truly entrepreneurial and collaborative environment together with a friendly working atmosphere
- Being at the forefront of the transport industry transformation
- and a lot more