LocationLondon or Birmingham, GB
Career levelExperienced professional, Young professional
Contract typeFulltime with 40 hours/week
Associate Transport Modeller (m/f/d)
- Lead and deliver technical tasks across highway, public transport and demand modelling as well as innovation topics such as real-time modelling and emerging mobility
- Work independently and as part of a distributed team; prioritising tasks to meet deadlines and client requests
- Monitor and contribute to the development of UK transport modelling best practice
- Manage and drive own career path forward and become an acknowledged expert in the transport industry
- Innovate and add value to technical delivery
- Provide technical support to customers of PTV software in the region, obtain technical feedback to inform future developments in PTV software and solutions, and contribute to innovation in our software development
- More than 5 years’ experience in transport modelling
- Strong track record in leading transport modelling tasks
- Advanced user of PTV Visum.
- Well organised and able to prioritise as well as manage your own time
- Competent scripting ability in Python, Java or VBA and able to process and handle large datasets for use in transport modelling
- Ability to communicate and present effectively via email, telephone and face-to-face
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Willing to innovate and add-value to technical delivery
- Knowledge or experience in the use of other PTV software
- Knowledge or experience in multi-modal variable demand modelling, tour-based demand modelling, dynamic assignment or timetable-based public transport assignments
- Furthermore, it would be advantageous if you have worked on a variety of projects and models across the UK and Ireland before
PTV. The mind of movement.We plan and optimise everything that moves people and goods worldwide.
PTV software makes mobility safer, more efficient and environmentally friendly.
Our innovative solutions support our customers in transport logistics, transport planning and traffic management.
Become part of a team that moves the world forward.
Working at PTVThe PTV Group is an international group of companies with more than 20 branch offices on all continents around the globe. We currently have around 800 employees worldwide committed to delivering high-performance solutions. The company generates more than 100 million euros in annual sales. Its German headquarters, located in one of Europe's most crucial technology regions, is the company’s centre of innovation and development. For four decades, the PTV Group has been providing software, consulting and support services designed to make our mobility safer, more efficient and more sustainable.
More information about the products PTV Visum and Smartour.
Watch this video to find out more about PTV’s daily business.
- Flexible working hours
Attractive remuneration package
- A truly entrepreneurial and collaborative environment together with a friendly working atmosphere
- Being at the forefront of the transport industry transformation